This year was one of those really bad years when I go to the Land Transportation Office (LTO) and file my affidavit due to a lost license. I've lost my license thrice in the past ten years and for every time I do make that mistake of losing it, the rules and the procedure change in getting your replacement license card. And mind you, I promised to myself on those instances when I waited at long lines in tropical heat, trying to hear muffled announcements of names of people that would queue at the digital photo booth or the cashier, that I would never lose my license again. But I don't stick to this promise or my body and brain doesn't want to or worse, I'm a masochist. I'm thinking that it's all shady conspiracy, or a rite of passage to experience what most dread to experience for a piece of privilege. It felt like a pilgrimage, but why don't I feel saved.
Comments